angel
meta shit about the forum (also known as: melo learns and muses about mybb) - Printable Version

+- angel (https://angel.sayitditto.net)
+-- Forum: random shit (https://angel.sayitditto.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: discussion (https://angel.sayitditto.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: meta shit about the forum (also known as: melo learns and muses about mybb) (/showthread.php?tid=11)

Pages: 1 2

RE: meta shit about the forum (also known as: melo learns and muses about mybb) - melo - 02-06-2024

ALSO! short update: i realized the "postbit" call in the settings for custom profile fields essentially means "display this field in each user thread post" so i went and enabled it for the pronouns field. you can see a user's set pronouns (if set) in the far right corner of a user post opposite of the avatar, if that makes sense. it's a little subtle and hard to see but it's definitely there.

hopefully this helps with correctly calling each other how we want to be called, and that can include no pronouns if wanted (that's why i set the field as a text area instead of a drop down, so people can enter in whatever they want and the multiple sets of pronouns they may use, or if they just don't use pronouns at all and only go by their name or something like that. just want to be as inclusive as possible)

edit: first thread on the forum to have a second page and it's my nonsense spam posting mybb musings lol. good going me

RE: meta shit about the forum (also known as: melo learns and muses about mybb) - melo - 02-07-2024

in case you missed it (idk how you'd miss a new thread and then see this but who knows) the forum now has a separate image host so you can host your images on my hardware instead of on imgur's random servers

thread here

RE: meta shit about the forum (also known as: melo learns and muses about mybb) - melo - 02-07-2024

ok i managed to hack in spoiler tags! it's just custom mycode so saying hack is just a way of making myself sound cooler than i am. anyway it's mycode for the details and summary html tags - i had to implement them as separate mycodes each because mycode only recognizes html attributes within one tag, so i couldn't have it like the following:

Code:
[spoiler title=blah]spoiler text[/spoiler]

instead, the syntax is this:

Code:
[spoiler] [spoiler-text]test test test (click me!)[/spoiler-text] put your spoilers here! [/spoiler]

and that'll look like this!:

test test test (click me!) put your spoilers here!

how cool is that?

i highly recommend users use this for any kind of media spoilers and content/trigger warnings. i use the html tags these are based on quite often for that, and over on mastodon/fediverse, content warnings are a built in feature. it's awesome that i was able to add this in and i encourage users to make use of it.

ALSO completely unrelated: we have a new emoji, because kiwu used the fediverse syntax for it and no emoji appeared so i took that as a reason to add the emoji. it's a black heart <333 heart black

ok so i added a plugin that lets you add custom buttons to the post editor where all the icons are. i added two for the spoiler functionality: one is an icon of blue scissors, which is for the main spoiler tag, and the other is the same but red, which is for the spoiler text. i wish i could've added them all in one button but unfortunately that's not how things seem to work as far as i can tell.

clicking the buttons will just throw the code where your cursor is, so ideally, proper usage would be clicking the blue scissors for the main spoiler, then clicking in between the brackets it created, clicking the red scissors, and then entering in the name/title of your spoiler in between the "spoiler-text" brackets, and from there navigating to the end of the spoiler-text brackets and entering in the content of your spoiler. if anyone wants a demo video/gif of this let me know!

RE: meta shit about the forum (also known as: melo learns and muses about mybb) - ShaMiMome - 02-07-2024

(02-07-2024, 04:34 PM)melo Wrote: ok so i added a plugin that lets you add custom buttons to the post editor where all the icons are. i added two for the spoiler functionality: one is an icon of blue scissors, which is for the main spoiler tag, and the other is the same but red, which is for the spoiler text. i wish i could've added them all in one button but unfortunately that's not how things seem to work as far as i can tell.

clicking the buttons will just throw the code where your cursor is, so ideally, proper usage would be clicking the blue scissors for the main spoiler, then clicking in between the brackets it created, clicking the red scissors, and then entering in the name/title of your spoiler in between the "spoiler-text" brackets, and from there navigating to the end of the spoiler-text brackets and entering in the content of your spoiler. if anyone wants a demo video/gif of this let me know!

Thank you so much melo admin-nim!!!  Heart

(02-07-2024, 04:39 PM)ShaMiMome Wrote: Thank you so much melo admin-nim!!!  Heart

MELO ADMIN-NIM LMAOOOO kiwu you're the best :') thank you!!!

RE: meta shit about the forum (also known as: melo learns and muses about mybb) - melo - 04-08-2024

we now have a new subforum: creations! post your original art/writing/videos/etc in original stuff, and post your image/gif/video edits (thinking like stuff for the forum) in edits!

i know the difference between those is small but i wanted to differentiate between stuff for forum use and other original stuff. let me know if you want me to explain more! feel free to make your own threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!