Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do you like to do when you're not on the internet?
I don't have many hobbies because of ~chronic fatigue~ but when I do feel well enough to do anything other than stare at my screens, I like sewing!

long ramble about craftsI have a pair of blue jeans that are way too big for me, but they're comfy, so instead of getting rid of them or tailoring them to fit me better, I decided to use them as like a test canvas. Because they weren't something I was very attached to, so if I messed up it'd be fine. Now I love them because they look cool. They've got 4 big patches sewn on the thighs, 2 on each. Just trust me when I say "they look cool." Also, never sew anything near pockets. It's a huge pain in the ass trying to sew around them.

I tried making a shirt from scratch a while back, and ended up with a really cute black and white plaid cropped tank top! It's so janky, like you can really tell it was my first time doing something like that, but I love it anyway. Oh and my star pants! I sewed some dark blue denim star patches I made onto the knees of a light blue pair of skinny jeans, and it's so cute. Very y2k. I absolutely love them so much.

I also recently started making charms, beads, and rings out of (polymer I think?) clay. I messed around with making little clay dolls like a decade ago, so I thought it'd be kinda cool to get back into that. My favorite rings I've made so far are these 2 pink banded ones with pill capsule shaped charms on the center. And a purple and black one with a cassette tape charm! The tape charm is sparkly too!! Maybe I should make a page on my website dedicated to my non-painting art so I can link it here.

I also do vidya games. Apparently I'm the reason the games thread description is "vidya" lol. It's like a compulsion at this point to spell it that way. Anyway, I used to play osu! religiously a few years ago. Before you say "but Irene! osu is an online game!" I rebut with "it can be played offline too." So technically I can include it here. I play minecraft pretty often, but not because I really like it. Because I'm cheap and refuse to buy other games lol. I almost forgot to mention guitar hero here omg. How could I forget about guitar hero. Anyway I play guitar hero 2 and 3 on my playstation 2 every now and then. I started playing with the guitar controller recently and I suck at it, but it's fun so idc.
[Image: buttonpink2.png][Image: buttonmoving.gif]
#1 waterparks fan, #459th red velvet fan
The pants with the stars on the knees sound super cute!

Sleep, mostly. I like to read, though I haven't exactly set foot in the library since I got my card...
I enjoy cooking a lot, but it takes me an extra long time because of ~back issues~.
I'm trying to get back into traditional drawing; Procreate has really spoiled me with the "undo" button. Sob
When I'm able to, I love going to different scenic areas and taking photos. :') (Film is my favorite kind of photography tbh.)
('')
I like to uhhhhhhhhhh

I'm an ipad kid ok!! But when I do actually do things I draw or watch TV (if that counts) and sometimes I play with dolls Sleepy

I'd love to see more of your crafts one day!! I used to be into crafting but I kept getting frustrated when things didn't go my way so I respect the dedication  Pray donna
✧・゚:* *:・゚✧~Sana Sha Sha So Sweet~✧・゚:* *:・゚✧
(02-12-2024, 01:53 AM)ShaMiMome Wrote: I'm an ipad kid ok!! But when I do actually do things I draw or watch TV (if that counts) and sometimes I play with dolls Sleepy

Doll mention (air siren going off) ask melo about her doll collection, I'm sure she'd appreciate it lol.

(02-12-2024, 01:53 AM)ShaMiMome Wrote: I'd love to see more of your crafts one day!! I used to be into crafting but I kept getting frustrated when things didn't go my way so I respect the dedication  Pray donna

I'll get started on a crafts page for my website then! (edit: here it is! https://the-velvets.neocities.org/crafts/)
(02-12-2024, 10:14 AM)kingdomcome Wrote: Doll mention (air siren going off) ask melo about her doll collection, I'm sure she'd appreciate it lol.

I've seen some of her dolls too they rock!!
✧・゚:* *:・゚✧~Sana Sha Sha So Sweet~✧・゚:* *:・゚✧
irene you know i love your crafts they're the coolest shit ever!!!!!!! also lindsay your photography is always so pretty, i think it's awesome you shoot on film and everything like i've thought about getting into that but it kinda scares me haha. your shots always look gorgeous!

also kiwu i relate to being an ipad kid lol i'm online like 24/7 so i don't really have answers for this? i guess the biggest thing is listening to music! you all know me, i'm a music lover and loser, every time i'm outside i have my portable mp3 player on me loaded up with so many albums i'm essentially out of space on its 256gb micro sd card, and i just love to walk around place to place listening to music.

also DOLL MENTION Eyes blurred yesss i love to collect dolls!!!!!! i don't really PLAY with them, i just display them, but they're neat to have and i like looking at them lol.

hmm what else do i do... these days i've gotten into making mixtapes, which is mostly an offline thing i guess. a lot of the things coming to mind are things i do on my computer but not online so it technically counts haha? i want to say making icons and edits but idk if it counts lol. ahhh i can't think of anything else! maybe i'll come back later if i think of more haha
say it with me: hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi! hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi! hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi!
(02-12-2024, 12:38 PM)melo Wrote: hmm what else do i do... these days i've gotten into making mixtapes, which is mostly an offline thing i guess. a lot of the things coming to mind are things i do on my computer but not online so it technically counts haha? i want to say making icons and edits but idk if it counts lol. ahhh i can't think of anything else! maybe i'll come back later if i think of more haha
If it's not doomscrolling, it absolutely counts! Also omg 256gb of music... I totally see how you could accumulate that much though. Mfw my internal ssd is 256gb. I couldn't store that much music even if I wanted to lol. Unless I sacrificed my external ssd's mac OS install. Which I have been considering doing, just to redo the partition scheme so my 2 other partitions AREN'T shared apfs volumes that can't be resized. Off topic, sorry.

But yeah no anything that isn't social media posting or online gaming counts here. Actually, screw it online gaming counts too. More fun that way Big Grin
@kingdomcome your crafts sound SO so cool

I need to get back into crocheting and drawing, ever since I started working full time I haven’t found time for it. I try to go roller skating when the rink has a cheapskate hour, lol. Oh, and I just started training to be a little league umpire! I’m actually super excited about that, I’ve wanted to do that since I was a kid.
o<|▒|[]|▓▓▓[]░=========================
ireth: awww being a little league umpire sounds like it'd be a blast. :')

(02-12-2024, 12:38 PM)melo Wrote: also lindsay your photography is always so pretty, i think it's awesome you shoot on film and everything like i've thought about getting into that but it kinda scares me haha. your shots always look gorgeous!
Thank you so much! Pleading I can't speak for anything other than a 35mm camera, but it's not quite as daunting as it seems at first!
It's definitely an exercise in patience because you don't get the instant gratification of digital, but it's really fun to look at them later like "wow I forgot I took that!" (especially if you wait 2 years before getting it developed...)
I'd love to get into developing my own since I could use my laundry room for a darkroom but I'm scared of messing up the film, lol.
('')