Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Toku
oooooh this is such a hard one for me! i haven't actually seen that much toku unless you count power rangers, and counting power rangers feels like cheating, so if i had to pick from toku like sentai and kamen rider, i'd choose.... hmm. i think it's easy for kamen rider because i've only seen one in full: kamen rider fourze! it's just so charming, my friend said it's a lot like PR with the ensemble cast so i started with it and just fell in love. everyone is so wholesome! it's such a heartwarming series but despite that has some amazing character moments and darker bits in it that add to the development of the cast over the course of the series. and the premise is just so cute and fun. i love it so much!

for sentai... ahh that's harder because my memory is a little shoddier. i don't think i can pick a favorite, but the closest might be shinkenger, because it's what i remember the best from my crazed toku binge back in january 2022 (i think it was 2022? maybe 2023?) and i really enjoyed the series. i'm also inclined to pick gokaiger even though i haven't seen it in almost 10 years (good lord) and thus don't remember a lot, nostalgia is just that powerful lol.

cheat time! for power rangers UGHHH I CAN'T PICK!!!! i've always been a PR fan at heart and i have soo many series i love, mostly from the disney era, but i'll be basic and pick power rangers rpm because i always end up picking this series. it's almost expertly crafted and written even with the internal strife the writers had given the changeover in head writers or whatever it was (guy who did the first half of this show and later went on to work on the walking dead i love you forever). despite all of that it's a well rounded series with a startlingly dark premise that's handled very well tone-wise - it balances levity and humor well with the apocalyptic setting, and brings a maturity to the greater power rangers series with elegance, once again despite what was going on internally. such a great show i recommend it to everyone even if they're not PR/toku fans haha! sorry i know PR only slightly counts as toku and i know you mean like, actual toku, but my PR love overwhelms all
say it with me: hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi! hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi! hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi!

Messages In This Thread
Favorite Toku - by Linky - 02-06-2024, 02:05 PM
RE: Favorite Toku - by melo - 02-06-2024, 02:13 PM
RE: Favorite Toku - by Linky - 02-08-2024, 02:06 PM
RE: Favorite Toku - by snowmanghost - 02-06-2024, 06:42 PM
RE: Favorite Toku - by StardustCrusader - 02-07-2024, 07:19 AM
RE: Favorite Toku - by melo - 02-07-2024, 11:38 AM
RE: Favorite Toku - by melo - 02-08-2024, 02:28 PM
RE: Favorite Toku - by StardustCrusader - 02-08-2024, 04:42 PM
RE: Favorite Toku - by Linky - 02-12-2024, 03:06 PM
RE: Favorite Toku - by StardustCrusader - 02-13-2024, 02:01 AM