Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What’s the last comic you read?
Information 
Thread for posting whatever comic you just read/are reading just now! I just reread the last issue of Spirit World today.
o<|▒|[]|▓▓▓[]░=========================
last issue of spirit world ahhhh god i wish it was extended into a longer series, even if just a maxi! i would've loved to see more of the trio

hmmm trying to remember what i last read... i think the last issue of worlds finest teen titans? which was a lot of fun! also another series i would've loved to have seen extended but a friend of mine said waid might've preferred writing other things and i never thought of that so i guess it wasn't meant to be
say it with me: hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi! hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi! hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi!
So do I, that was such a cool one

Ooh neat, I haven’t read any of that but it looks cute
It's one of those "i'm happy we got what we did" i think.  Waidman has said he's gonna be writing world's finest: Batman/superman until he dies, he wanted to write superman basically all his life and editorial at DC in the 00s preventing him from his massive pitch he had for an all timer run was why he left DC in the first place. Funny how didio being gone and a lot of the old guard leading let him come back haha.  It's also good the comic sells enough that he can say he'll be writing it until he dies and means it.  The few issues of Waid's Shazam run have been good, Shazam fans are starving haha, geoff johns' run in 2018 was promised for 5 years at that point and that was when his heart wasn't in capes anymore so it got delayed each issue by months until it was quietly cancelled, and that was the first billy focused shazam run in over a decade at that point.
On topic: i'm currently working through IDW TMNT stuff and its SO good!!!
EDIT i'm talking about world's finest teen titans haha, idk how to quote yet
(02-08-2024, 08:25 AM)StardustCrusader Wrote: It's one of those "i'm happy we got what we did" i think.  Waidman has said he's gonna be writing world's finest: Batman/superman until he dies, he wanted to write superman basically all his life and editorial at DC in the 00s preventing him from his massive pitch he had for an all timer run was why he left DC in the first place. Funny how didio being gone and a lot of the old guard leading let him come back haha.  It's also good the comic sells enough that he can say he'll be writing it until he dies and means it.  The few issues of Waid's Shazam run have been good, Shazam fans are starving haha, geoff johns' run in 2018 was promised for 5 years at that point and that was when his heart wasn't in capes anymore so it got delayed each issue by months until it was quietly cancelled, and that was the first billy focused shazam run in over a decade at that point.
On topic: i'm currently working through IDW TMNT stuff and its SO good!!!
EDIT i'm talking about world's finest teen titans haha, idk how to quote yet

thanks for the context!!! i don't know nearly enough about dc writers haha i just know like, super basic stuff and then all the bad shit they've done tbh. waid seems like a very interesting guy, i definitely am grateful for what we got with WFTT, and i had no idea shazam fans had to wait that long! the more you know haha

i went and added new comics to my server yesterday and skipped shazam on getcomics because i haven't added the first couple issues but now i'll probably go back and add them because why not lol. i should probably give shazam comics a try sometime, billy seems fun
say it with me: hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi! hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi! hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi!
Oh cool, I’ve heard good things about the idw tmnt

Rereading batwing! Still insanely good and one of the best comics I’ve read yet.
(02-08-2024, 11:03 PM)ireth Wrote: Oh cool, I’ve heard good things about the idw tmnt

Yeah! I read all the mirage edginess in black and white beforehand and its cool to see them reuse a bunch of ideas 30 years later but to way greater effect and with way better art!
i reread this mf for the five billionth time Heart Heart
 [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDxmpjDBNw71Q7iJXNMSI...aYefvagw&s]
Just read book one and two of Clementine (by tillie walden) - just happened to see it in the library and remembered liking the preview. It was really good! I went in knowing nothing about the walking dead but it was a super cool heartfelt post apocalypse journey. N e ways yeah shout out to the library. I love it when comics are good