Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue exorcist
Melo I gotta say I have no idea anything of anything about it but I just put the first part on hold at the library, so I guess I’ll find out  Big Grin what’s it about?
o<|▒|[]|▓▓▓[]░=========================
LET'S FUCKING GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so basically it's about a kid named okumura rin, who's kinda like going nowhere in his life and shit, while his brother is super successful and wants to be a doctor. the twist is that he finds out he's actually the son of satan and inherited his powers of blue flame and shit (his brother is also the son of satan but got nothing lol yukio my favorite fail son). so he goes to true cross academy's cram school which is where teens train to become exorcists, who like take care of demons and shit. and his brother the whole time has secretly been the youngest exorcist to ever do it! it sounds like a typical shounen and it starts like that but it actually deconstructs a LOT of shounen tropes as it goes on which is super awesome.

i've been reading it since 2017 and i just love it so so much. it's a huge part of me even though i rarely talk about it and it's just one of my favorite things ever Big Grin
say it with me: hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi! hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi! hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi!
Tbh I started it cause of melo talking about it on Tumblr. Eyes blurred  But I haven't regretted that decision for even a single second! It's great. Illuminati arc is wonderfully soul crushing.
('')
Okay I picked it up from the library! My first takeaway from starting it is that rin is like raven if she was like a different person XD
It’s not what I’d usually pick up but it seems like it’ll be interesting!!!
o<|▒|[]|▓▓▓[]░=========================
Art by Masashi Kishimoto
This was drawn for the 10th anniversary of Blue Exorcist
[Image: 428619579_920439466750494_68507748275723...e=65D64B64]
[Image: df4031eb082789fd.jpg]
(02-15-2024, 06:38 PM)ireth Wrote: Okay I picked it up from the library! My first takeaway from starting it is that rin is like raven if she was like a different person XD
It’s not what I’d usually pick up but it seems like it’ll be interesting!!!
rin kinda is like raven but i think the more you read you'll see yukio is a bit more like raven :p but they both have qualities of hers i think! there's another character who's most like raven i think but for spoiler reasons i won't say who, i'll just say it's one of the female characters Wink)) lol

(02-18-2024, 06:51 AM)StardustCrusader Wrote: Art by Masashi Kishimoto
This was drawn for the 10th anniversary of Blue Exorcist
[Image: 428619579_920439466750494_68507748275723...e=65D64B64]

that's such a wonderful drawing omg thanks for sharing i'd never seen it before!!!!!! rin and naruto look so cool in it
say it with me: hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi! hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi! hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi!
If yukio is the guy with glasses, then yeah I agree he's kinda raven-esque. Keep in mind I barely had any exposure to both teen titans and aoex so my opinion isn't very well founded lol.
[Image: buttonpink2.png][Image: buttonmoving.gif]
#1 waterparks fan, #459th red velvet fan