Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
we now have an image host for the forum! (and for other things i host but yknow)
Information 
[Image: raw.png]
(image description: screenshot of my pictura site's image upload page, which is running x back bone software)

it's running xbackbone and so far kinda works like imgur but a little different. anyone can register but it seems i have to manually set new accounts to "active" - i'm fine with doing that but if you register with a name different than one i know you by, just reply to this thread with your username so i know it's you.

this host can be used to embed images on the forum, since adding attachments inline is kind of janky, and since it's running on one of my servers, if the forum goes down then the pics go with it, which can be good and bad - basically don't rely on this host for super important stuff, just like, silly idol pics and shit you wanna embed on here i guess, but the ephemerality means there's less of a chance that your images and data are persisting anywhere beyond me, unless this forum gets crawled and archived by something like the internet archive, but i haven't decided yet if i want to block that or not. that last bit is probably for the meta thread.

tl;dr we got our own imgur i'm calling it pictura because it sounds cool check it out: pictura
say it with me: hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi! hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi! hello kitty balah curri hello kitty oishi!